On December 3rd, I am partnering with the St. Louis Salesforce Admin User Group to talk about Personal Branding at their “Ask an Expert” round table. To help me prepare, I put some thoughts down to share at the meeting so I wanted to share them on my blog as well.
Here are some tips on building your Brand:
- Just get Started! Share a Post, a Tweet, a Comment – just do SOMETHING.
- Understand your Purpose. Draft a Mission Statement. Find your Niche.
- I want to be a thought leader (and share things that have worked well for me) and find resources to help me on my journey to CTA.
- Always be Authentic. Share YOUR Voice.
- Set Goals for yourself. Get to X Followers. Post 1 time per week/month.
- I am terrible about this – a goal for 2022 is to have goals!
- Build your Branding. Get a Logo from Canva. Post a picture of yourself.
- Arch-Force: ARCH is for my hometown (St. Louis) and my goal of becoming an ARCH-itecht.
- I used Canva for my Arch-Force logo. It isn’t fancy but it’s a start.
- Check in with yourself. Is my investment of time paying off? How can I adjust my strategy?
- I’ve connected with lots of fantastic people – including getting to be at the Ask an Expert event! Building online connections to hopefully speak at a Dreamin event and Dreamforce eventually.
- Understand your Platform
- Twitter: Real time/small tidbits.
- LinkedIn: Longer thought provoking posts.
- YouTube: Videos in a stored Library.
- Blog: Your own Site (I use WordPress)
Keep in Mind!
- The Internet is Permanent. Be kind!
- Time Management is crucial. Social Media is designed to suck you in. Make sure YOU control IT and IT doesn’t control YOU.